Yes, studying social work in Australia can lead to a pathway to PR (Permanent Residency) in Australia. Social work is considered a skilled profession and is listed under the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) by the Australian government. This means that individuals who hold a degree in social work and have relevant work experience can apply for permanent residency under the Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) or the Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190) program.

It is important to note that the eligibility criteria for PR in Australia are subject to change and it is advisable to consult with a registered migration agent for the most up-to-date information.

The cost of a Master of Social Work (MSW) program can vary depending on the university and location. In Australia, there are several universities that offer affordable MSW programs. Here are a few options:

  1. Charles Sturt University: Charles Sturt University offers an online MSW program at a relatively low cost. Tuition fees for the program start at around AUD$29,000.
  2. Southern Cross University: Southern Cross University offers a flexible and affordable MSW program that can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. Tuition fees for the program start at around AUD$30,000.
  3. Deakin University: Deakin University offers an MSW program with a focus on innovation and technology. Tuition fees for the program start at around AUD$31,000.
  4. University of South Australia: The University of South Australia offers an MSW program that emphasizes practical experience. Tuition fees for the program start at around AUD$34,000.

Please note that these are rough estimates and the actual cost of tuition may vary. Scholar Hub recommends contacting our offices and team members directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information on tuition fees for their MSW programs.

As of 2023, the following Universities and Institutes offer a Master of Social Work at an affordable cost:

  1. Western Sydney University
  2. Charles Sturt University
  3. Excelisa College
  4. ACAP Australian College of Applied Professions

In Australia, the criteria for Permanent Residency (PR) depend on various factors such as the individual’s skill set, work experience, and the Australian immigration policy. A MSW degree may be considered in the skilled worker category, but it is not guaranteed to result in a PR visa.

Individuals who wish to gain PR in Australia through their skills must apply through the skilled worker visa program, which includes the Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189), the Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190), and the Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 491).

Need Professional Help!

Scholar Hub’s education counsellors team have helped 1000’s of international students.

Contact us and we will consult you for FREE consultation and admission application.