There are several skilled migration visa options for chefs in Australia, including the following:

  1. Subclass 186 Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Visa: This visa is for skilled workers who have been offered a permanent job in Australia by an approved sponsor. The employer must provide evidence that they are unable to fill the position with an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
  2. Subclass 189 Skilled Independent Visa: This visa is for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer or family member, but who meet the points test for migration. Points are awarded for factors such as age, work experience, English language proficiency, and qualifications.
  3. Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated Visa: This visa is for skilled workers who have been nominated by a state or territory government in Australia. The nomination process involves demonstrating that you have the skills and qualifications required for the job, and that you meet the eligibility criteria for the state or territory.
  4. Subclass 482 Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) Visa: This visa is for skilled workers who are sponsored by an approved business to work in Australia on a temporary basis. It is designed to help employers fill skill shortages in their workforce when they are unable to find an appropriately skilled Australian citizen or permanent resident to fill the position.

It’s important to note that each visa category has specific eligibility requirements, including qualifications, work experience, and English language proficiency. You should seek professional advice to determine which visa category is best suited to your individual circumstances.

If you need help with your skilled migration visa application or extension of your current visa, Team Scholar Hub can assist you! If you are planning to study in hospitality or as a Chef, our Study in Australia student consultation services is free. Head to the pricing page and book a free appointment.